Another family favorite dish. Baked Chicken Egg Rolls! We also call them lumpia. Lumpia shanghai are smaller and thinner and mostly made of ground meat and so flavorful.
- With baked chicken egg rolls, ingredients are precooked so this is really a quick and easy recipe.
- I used left over chicken breast from Costco's rotisserie chicken, a 16 oz pack of frozen diced carrots and peas-cooked as directed on the package, 1 tbsp seasoning without msg (Costco's less sodium boullion), 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tsp black pepper and a cup olive oil for coating.Youtube Video
- On a skillet, use cooking spray or a tbsp of olive oil; heat pan over medium heat. Add all ingredients; cook and stir until heated through. Set aside and let it cool a bit.
- Then spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture on the bottom third of triangular shape egg roll wrapper; fold sides toward center and roll tightly. Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel to keep them moist. Place seam side down on a a tray. Repeat in every roll.
- Preheat oven at 425°F. Arrange rolls on a tray, seam side down. Brush egg rolls evenly with olive oil (both sides). You may also use cooking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce or with any of your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy~